|As the first snow arrives and we move into the winter months, make sure to keep an eye on your plumbing system. Frozen pipes that break or burst can cause expensive water damage. Even a small leak in a water pipe can pour hundreds of gallons of water each minute into your home. It is important to know what preventative measures you can take to help prevent frozen or burst pipes.|
Here are just a few tips:
• Insulate pipes located in cold, drafty places or exposed to outside walls.
• Using heat tape can prevent freezing. Inspect existing heat tape to make sure it is in good condition.
• Open the doors of your sink base cabinet so that warm air can reach water pipes.
• Please don’t leave water dripping – it wastes water, raises your water bill, and can damage your septic system.
• Disconnect all outside hoses.
Please contact us if you have any questions – 303-697-8810 firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Hills Water District